Create the capacity to establish language programs in Ohio schools that lead to solid communication skills in Mandarin Chinese, in both spoken and written media.
The K-12 Chinese Flagship Program planning and development will occur over several years. The objectives of the program include:
- Create the infrastructure for an effective program of study with multiple points of access
- Develop rich learning environments for a variety of school settings
- Create a pilot technology support system with effective Chinese language programs for schools in Ohio
- Partner with schools for offering long-term programs of study
- Work with partners to provide teacher training and help them obtain alternative teaching license in Ohio
- Involve all sectors of the Ohio community in the mainstreaming of Chinese language learning